Friday, October 26, 2012

How did I get here?

Hi, friends. How can I be 44 already? Aughhhh! I still feel about sixteen. And that's on a good day. I love the story my father has told me about the night I was born. How he was in the waiting room watching Frankenstein on the TV while my mother was in labor. Does that mean I was destined to be someone interested in literature? Because I loved Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Or does it mean I was destined to be an outcast? Fire, BAD. Either way, I have always loved fall--the orange and burgundy leaves, pumpkin carving, and Thanksgiving. I thank my father and mother today for having the hots for each other back in the late 60s. This is my first birthday without the 20 dollar check and birthday card from my dad. I did tell him the week before he died that every good trait I have is because of him. And what better time to tell him thank you than on the day I was born. Love you, Daddy-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment